Undergrad students can carry out the RCI/Social internship anytime between their 2nd and 5th Semester of study. However it is preferable to complete this internship before the start of students' 3rd year of study (i.e. before starting 5th semester) so that students are available to carry out the corporate internships (another mandatory requirement) on time.2. What is the procedure to get an unapproved/unlisted organization approved for Social internship?
Students approaching organizations on their own (which are not present in the list of recommended institutions provided CDC) are required to seek CDC's approval before undertaking their internships. They should provide CDC with the following information for the endorsement purpose:
- Name of the targeted/selected organization for RCI/Social Internship;
- Official Website, Postal Address, and email correspondence;
- Project/Assignment description;
- Supervisor(s) Name, designation, and contact details;
- Project initiation date and expected ending date.
For credibility and authentication, students can request CDC for a recommendation letter by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org / copy (cc) it to email@example.com. Make sure to mention the following in your email:
- Your name, IBA ERP #, Program, and semester;
- Name and address of the organization;
- Organization representative's name and designation;
- Nature of internship (social/corporate);
- Subject line: Social - Recommendation Letter.
In such cases, students are required to contact CDC immediately and apply for a new acknowledgement form.5. When and to whom shall the internship report be submitted?
Once the internship period ends, students must submit an internship report to CDC via email only. A soft copy is to be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning 'RCI Report-YYYY-your ERP' i.e. RCI Report-2016-08438 in the subject line.6. What is the required format for the internship report?
There is no established format for the report, but generally the report should at least contain the following:
- Title/Cover page;
- Table of contents;
- Introduction of the project;
- Organization profile and overview;
- Elaboration of the processes, tasks, strategies, etc. related to the organization and/or the project;
- Major responsibilities and tasks performed during the project;
- Learning outcomes, observations and recommendations;
- Conclusion/Ending remarks.