Experimental Learning Program
The Experiential Learning Program (ELP) is an integral part of the BBA program offered at the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi. A group of 4-5 final semester students undertake a management consulting assignment in real life business environment related to managerial and organizational problems that need solutions. The Projects not only enable students to develop interviewing and report writing skills, but also provide an opportunity for them to enhance their managerial and leadership skills, besides their problem-solving and decision-making skills. The projects are conducted under the close supervision of senior faculty members/Advisors along with organization's coordinator.
Areas of Investigation:
Companies could help engage our student groups in a relevant project within their organization in areas not restricted to but that may include:
- New Ventures / Feasibility Studies
- Management Control Systems
- Human Resource Restructuring
- Strategic Analysis & Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Supply Chain Management
- Resource Mobilization strategies
- Financial Management
- Process Re-engineering and Change Management
However, we welcome other projects or problems/challenges that organization deems of interest.
Project Benefits to the organization:
There are wide-ranging and numerous benefits of the ELP, some of which are:
- Cost is minimal compared to the cost that will be incurred on engaging a professional consulting firm for delivering innovative solutions. Every group can also utilize the extensive resources available at the IBA including expertise of the faculty members.
- Each group comprises of talented and energetic students with sound academic background, who understand the market dynamics and, under the supervision of industry experienced faculty Advisors, can be trusted to come up with practical and effective solutions.
- Final outcome is the result of months of extensive groundwork by every member of the group actively contributing towards projects realizations. The client organization can thus benefit greatly from the substantial outcome.
To know more about the program or participate, do visit http://elp.iba.edu.pk