March 1, 2019: The IBA Career Development Center (CDC) organized mock interviews for the graduating students at the IBA Karachi main campus. The basic objective of this exercise was to prepare our students to better deal with the job interviews anxiety under the mentorship of industry experts.
Student profiles were collected from the mock - job descriptions posted on the IBA Job Portal. The schedule was made according to the CVs and registrations received against each post.
Corporate experts from diverse backgrounds including finance, marketing, human resources and IT, interviewed around 40 students from various programs and shared their interview feedback with them.
Following company officials volunteered themselves for this program:
- Faisal Imtiaz – HR Specialist, Coca Cola Ice'cek
- Syed Hasan Mohsin – Team Leader Talent Acquisition, Bank AL Habib Limited
- Nida Nasir – GM Human Resources, KFC Pakistan
- Noman Javaid – HR Manager, ICI Pakistan Limited
- Khushbakht Suhail – Area Education Manager, The Citizens Foundation
- Taqi Abbass – Client Services Manager, Dun & Bradstreet
- Mooeza Saeed - Senior HR Manager, Inbox Business Technologies
- Ali Raza – Commercial Head, Cybernet
- Nayyara Rahman – MarCom Manager, Qordata
- Mehwish Maqbool Shaikh – Financial Advisor, Shell Pakistan Limited
- Muhammad Shoaib Akhter – Group Chief Internal Auditor, Pak Qatar Takaful Limited
- Saghir Akhtar - Head of Procurement, National Institutional Facilitation Technologies Limited
We are thankful to all the interviewers who kind heartedly presented themselves for this cause. We hope that this program will serve as one of the most meaningful avenues in aiding students to improve their interview skills.