Mentoring Matters – An individualized coaching program
December 14, 2018: An orientation session for mentors and mentees of the Mentoring Matters program was hosted at the IBA City Campus by team CDC in collaboration with the Alumni department. The IBA is extremely fortunate to have the companionship of more than 13,000 well established alumni who are always available to support their alma mater. This strong network of people allows us to come up with valuable programs and interventions for the academic development of our institute. Team CDC initiated a pilot mentoring program for the senior students of IBA with an aim to link them with our prominent industry experts/alumni who could help them out in their personal & professional development through individualized coaching.
The Senior Manager Alumni Affairs, Job Placement, External Affairs and Resource Mobilization, Mr. Haris Tohid Siddiqui shared that the CDC has recently conducted a survey with around 40 employers regarding the quality of our graduates; where we found a need for their personal grooming and development. The Manager CDC, Mr. Danish Imtiaz Gangani, presented the overview of program and thank all the mentors for providing their time and support for this noble cause. The CDC Executive, Mr. Ebbad Qureshi further briefed the participants on the objective, key timelines and the functionality of the program. Following prominent IBA alumni have volunteered themselves for this program:
- Former Governor of Sindh and alumnus 1980, Mr. Muhammad Zubair,
- Vice President of Engro Corporation Limited and alumnus 1988, Mr. Abdul Samad Khan,
- MD & CEO of Pakistan Refinery Limited and alumnus 1996, Mr. Aftab Husain,
- Managing Director of Engro Foods Limited and alumnus 1987, Mr. Ali Ahmed Khan,
- Former CEO of Pakistan National Shipping Corporation (PNSC) and alumnus 1982, Mr. Arif Elahi,
- CEO of HBL Asset Management Limited and alumnus 1993, Mr. Farid Khan,
- CEO of Habib Metropolitan Bank Ltd. and alumnus 1987, Mr. Mohsin Ali Nathani,
- CEO of M-Holdings (Pvt) Ltd. and alumnus 1990, Mr. Raihan Ali Merchant,
- Member of the IBA Board of Governors and alumnus 1974, Mr. Shahid Shafiq,
- Former CEO of Philips Pakistan, Mr. Shahid Zaki,
- Former Managing Director of PIA and PSO and alumnus 1968, Mr. Tariq Kirmani,
- Chairman of BBQ Tonight Global PTE Limited alumnus 1978, Mr. Sardar Abdul Rahim,
- Acting President of Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry and alumnus 1991, Mr. Syed Mazhar Ali Nasir,
- Board Member State Bank of Pakistan and alumnus 1993, Mr. Zafar Masud and
- Sitara-e Imtiaz recipient, chairman of Patients' Aid Foundation (PAF) and alumnus 1967, Mr. Zahid Bashir
The program tends to have the features of self-assessment interventions, career & academic counselling, and a networking platform.
All mentees were connected with their individual mentors and they were provided time to discuss the way forward and design future course of action for themselves. We are thankful to all our prestigious alumni who have kind heartedly presented themselves for this cause. We hope that this program will serve as one of the most meaningful platforms through which they can give back to the IBA.